Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hello Friends,

There is a new Blender version available. And so there is also a new version from us. Bforartists Version 2.4.0.

The binary downloads can as usual also be found in the download section.
    The sourcecode can be found at Github. https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/releases/tag/v2.3.0
    And the release note is here: https://www.bforartists.de/release-notes/

We have still just the Windows binaries available, sorry. We have currently trouble to create the Linux versions in all its flavours. So for now we can just offer a zipped developer build, compiled at Ubuntu 20.04 with static libs. But we work at the problem.

Bforartists 2.4.0 is a bug fix and maintenance release. It brings the fixes from Blender 2.83.3 LTS. And some minimal corrections and fixes that we have found at our way through the missing manual chapters and creating the quickstart tutorial videos. Bforartists 2.3.0 is now based on Blender 2.91 Alpha. Which is this time a version jump. You need to migrate your old settings.

Have fun with the new Version

-Reiner

Attachments:

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile

#22087 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Oh a pleasant surprise. I like these stability updates.

:dance:

#22088 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

Hopefully they don’t bring too much broken features. Remember, we work from the master ^^

#22095 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Yeah.. lately I’ve noticed a lot of issues with the merged in Blender master, so any bug fixes is welcome – there has been lot’s of instability sometimes – I really don’t know what the Blender devs are doing, you’d think they would develop their alphas and betas outside the master with a branch of a sort.

:dance:

#22096 Likes: 0
    BFA-Reiner
    Keymaster
    • Posts 719

They do. But bug fixing then happens in the master ^^

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.