Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Posts 16

Hello,

Unfortunatly, the new version 0.80 does not start for me, several prior versions had no problems at all. Still the same system, which is Win 10 x64 in this case.

New installation did – of course – not help.

What can I do about it?

#20711 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

I have seen this error before. A dependency from Visual Studio. Let me test.

Ok, tested. I loaded without a problem.

Hm… what was the fix for this?

:dance:

#20712 Likes: 0
    Stoegel
    • Posts 16

I get this error message as well

#20713 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Found the fix, the release was built in Debug mode, which requires Visual Studio to be installed. I have reported it and a new release should be uploaded soon with the distribution build.

Reported here: https://github.com/Bforartists/Bforartists/issues/324

Thanks for reporting this.

:dance:

#20714 Likes: 0
    slippy
    Participant
    • Posts 12

Installed .80 without uninstalling 0.70.  Below error was displayed.  Running app in Windows 10 with admin privlidges.

#20715 Likes: 0
    slippy
    Participant
    • Posts 12

You can get around this hiccup in the short-term if you install the visual C redistributable libraries, available here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

#20716 Likes: 0
    slippy
    Participant
    • Posts 12

moving issue to seperate thread

#20717 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Thanks for the report. And sorry folks, there is definitely something odd going on. It is build with the correct version. I have currently no idea where the problem is. And will remove the download for now.

Just curious, does Blender also have this startup problem? EDIT: nope, it has not. Blender is now compiled with static libraries. Means builtin. We need to do the same. Am at investigating how this is done.

#20721 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

This problem is something much bigger, sorry. It may keep me busy for several days. And my laptop makes problems with its too old ati graphics card. I can’t even test if my attempts were successful.

As a quick shot and a temporary fix, sometimes it is enough to put the missing dll into the folder of the software where it is missing. Which i have done now. Could somebody please be so kind to tell me if this fixes the problem?

EDIT: The test file is removed. Thanks for testing.

#20725 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

I have now included the missing dll into the zipfile and the installer, and put everything back online. Fingers crossed that this fixes the issue.

I will continue to investigate into this problem though. When Blender builds with static libs then we better do the same.

#20726 Likes: 0
    Roundcircle
    • Posts 16

Hello Rainer, this works for me. yes

#20727 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Perfect. Thanks for testing. I will now remove the test file :)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.