Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    waz
    Participant
    • Posts 2

Just discovered bforA and can’t believe how great it is! It’s really going to help me.

But when I installed it, was looking for the Archimesh tool display and didn’t see them anywhere. So since I  had them in a zip file, decided to go to User Prefs/Add-ons and add them.

Now i have an error message about “Multiple Add-ons with the same name found! Please delete one of each pair.”

Couldn’t get of this message, so uninstalled bforA and then downloaded it again, and reinstalled it,

Didn’t work; it’s still there. Can’t add any more Add-ons either. Can do everything else in the User Prefs windows, but the Add-ons are stuck on this error message.

So if someone can help me out with this, I’d really appreciate it.

Two questions/suggestion about bforA; can the toolbar icons be enlarged/scaled up? Or dockable into pallettes? If not, be nice to have these features.

Wish I could program….

tks

waz

#18631 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi Waz,

No need for programming. Help is at its way ;)

The message already tells what the problem is. You have installed the addon twice. And this is not tolerated. Archimesh already comes natively with Bforartists. There is unfortunately no way to uninstall addons from within Bforartists / Blender. You need to do a bit hand work now.

I hope you are at Windows. I don’t know the paths at Unix / Linux.Under Windows you need to navigate to the Appdata folder, and uninstall the addon from there. Hint: This folder may be hidden.

The path is: C:UsersYOURUSERNAMEAppDataRoamingBforartistsBforartists2.79scriptsaddons

Simply delete the archimesh addon from there. And then activate the one that comes with Bforartists already.

As a sidenote, i have installed the Archipack from Github. This addon also includes Archimesh. But runs without conflicts.

And a second side note, we don’t have the Add menu anymore at its original position in the header. It is now in the Create tab, and just meant for addons. Like this archimesh addon. See screenshot …

Two questions/suggestion about bforA; can the toolbar icons be enlarged/scaled up? Or dockable into pallettes? If not, be nice to have these features.

Unfortunately not, and i haven’t found a way yet to implement it. The icons size is hardcoded appwide. And customizable toolbars where you can add your own tools is a very special chapter. But Blender devs are working at something like this for 2.8. And so we might see it in Bforartists then too.

What you can do is to scale the whole UI a bit bigger. User Preferences, Interface tab, Display Scale. A value of 1.1 can do a miracle already.

Hope that helps :)

Kind regards

Reiner

#18635 Likes: 0
    waz
    Participant
    • Posts 2

That worked! And so did the scaling. Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

Can’t believe I didn’t know this Blender fork. The Blender UI has driven me crazy for awhile now. My background is from CAD and Lightwave (who also need to revamp their UI ), so I’m used to something a little more organized for lack of a better term. Still,3D programs are a lot more complex; Blender more so because it’s combining many different functions, so it’s becoming a wild beast!

Anyway, please keep it going! Really looking forward to working under this UI.

waz

#18636 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Great that you got it working :)

Well, the official Blender places avoids to talk about this fork. It’s competition. And true men works with hotkeys anyways. And so the fork remains relatively unknown.

But we work at it to make it a bit better known. You can help too if you want. Just spread the word :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.