Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Bad news folks. I had a second look at it, was able to install Renderman, and have fixed what i was able to fix. There was a menu issue. Which is fixed in Bforartists in the next version then.

The addon installs fine now. You can choose the renderer in the dropdown box. All looks well at the first look. But we have two issues here. And one of it is a showstopper. A crash to desktop when Renderman starts to render. And this one is not to catch. That’s definitely a job for the addon developer.

I fear you have to do the render job with Blender then when you want to render with Renderman.

#16771 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Thea might have the same issue here like Renderman. I have moved the render box into the Render panel. It was formerly in the header. There’s not this much that i could do besides to move it back into the header area. Or i create my own Render panel. Hm.

Let’s create an issue and think about it. https://www.bforartists.de/content/properties-editor-make-own-renderer-panel

#16780 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Issue is fixed in the next Bforartists release. The renderer choice dropdown box has its separate panel now. Where you can also switch to and from Renderman and other external renderers.

#16785 Likes: 0
    NigeC
    Participant
    • Posts 84

Which render option did you try?

did you save the scene first?

is there a built version I could try here?

apparently it doesn’t like character like “é” in paths, but I don’t think Thea does either

#16786 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Hi NigeC,

I tried the same steps than in Blender. And in Blender it does not crash. Means it is very unlikely a step problem.

There is no public build version at the moment where the initial issue with the missing menu is fixed. But give me a few moments, and i’ll upload such a version.

#16788 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699
    #16789 Likes: 0
    NigeC
    Participant
    • Posts 84

Thanks, the bad new is it does crash here, it doesn’t crash if I send the image to Renderman’s viewer

so this setting works for now :)

#16790 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

Thanks for confirming. And sorry that i cannot fix this issue :)

As told, you could contact the developer of the addon. Maybe he has an idea how to fix the problem. I am lost here.

#16791 Likes: 0
    NigeC
    Participant
    • Posts 84

I really don’t mind using the other render window… I’m a Sketchup and Thea user so the extra render view is “normal” for me

When you release the next version to the public  I’ll ask the developer to take a look :)

starting Bforartists from the command line and making it crash gives

Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.