Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Draise
    Participant

Having learnt that due to an empty meny entry, some addons could not add themselves, due to adding their entry to said menu that no-longer exists. 

I was wondering, after seeing the fixes per addon done in the rencent release – what happens to all the other addons out there? 

Could a solution be making a null menu entry so they can install without having to modify the addon, locked away from the user? Making thirdparty modifications from Blender itself less of a hassle to convert the many addons out there? Just trying to think ahead. 

:dance:

#16664 Likes: 0
      NigeC
      Participant

Yes I’ve been sat here hoping the Renderman issue had been sorted :)

Render engines tend to use scene properties etc a lot, I think it was sheer luck Thea works.. I wonder if Octane works? (I don’t have it, not interested)

#16667 Likes: 0
        Reiner
        Participant

Could a solution be making a null menu entry so they can install without having to modify the addon, locked away from the user? Making thirdparty modifications from Blender itself less of a hassle to convert the many addons out there? Just trying to think ahead.

Interesting idea. But i am not sure if we can sort the issues this way. You would have to display it somewhere. Or the settings from the addon would not display neither.

Either way. We have removed this menu. And at the moment this means that we have to fix the addons at a one by one base. This solution may be more cumbersome. But is imho the better one.

Yes I’ve been sat here hoping the Renderman issue had been sorted Smile

Have i overlooked something? Link? :)

#16668 Likes: 0
          Reiner
          Participant

It’s this one, right? I think i had already trouble with Blender here. But i will give it a second look.

https://github.com/bsavery/PRMan-for-Blender/

#16669 Likes: 0
            Reiner
            Participant
              #16671 Likes: 0
              Reiner
              Participant

Sorry folks. I fear Renderman addon will remain unfixed. I cannot get it to work in Blender already. That’s a task for the addon developer.

#16676 Likes: 0
                Reiner
                Participant

I have just for the sake checked the code of the Renderman addon if it contains something that points towards a menu that doesn’t exist anymore in Bforartists. But there is no such code. Means when it works in Blender then it should also work in Bforartists.

#16680 Likes: 0
                  NigeC
                  Participant

I have it working with Blender 2.78a and its fine, I’ve not upgraded Blender to 2.78c

Blender and Bforartists are using the same version of the addon

#16681 Likes: 0
                    Reiner
                    Participant

Thanks for your screenshots.

Blender 2.78 a throws the exact errors here like you can see in the Bforartists part. I am lost :/

I have reopened the issue. First thing is that i need to understand how you can get it to work at all. And then let’s have a second look at it. But as told, i am lost here. What you could do is to contact the addon developer. Maybe he has an idea here.

#16683 Likes: 0
                      NigeC
                      Participant

Have you installed Renderman?

In Blender it just worked and it renders fine, Apart from the Thea Plugin I haven’t installed anything in Bforartists

The error I get seems different to yours

should I try 2.78c and see if it breaks?

edit..

I don’t what to say its working fine here with 2.78c.. lets try swapping the addon folders

#16684 Likes: 0
                        NigeC
                        Participant

I tried disabling Thea and now rendermans error has changed

Exception in module register(): ‘C:\Users\nige\AppData\Roaming\Bforartists\Bforartists\2.78\scripts\addons\PRMan-for-Blender-master\__init__.py’

Traceback (most recent call last):

File “C:Bforartists2.78scriptsmodulesaddon_utils.py”, line 349, in enable

mod.register()

File “C:UsersnigeAppDataRoamingBforartistsBforartists2.78scriptsaddonsPRMan-for-Blender-master__init__.py”, line 119, in register

load_addon()

File “C:UsersnigeAppDataRoamingBforartistsBforartists2.78scriptsaddonsPRMan-for-Blender-master__init__.py”, line 104, in load_addon

properties.register()

File “C:UsersnigeAppDataRoamingBforartistsBforartists2.78scriptsaddonsPRMan-for-Blender-masterproperties.py”, line 2510, in register

bpy.utils.register_class(cls)

ValueError: register_class(…): already registered as a subclass

#16685 Likes: 0
                          Reiner
                          Participant

Thanks for the further informations. I have already checked the mentioned lines of code. But they doesn’t say me anything.

Mh, have you Blender installed, or is it a zip file? Because Bforartists does not come as an installer version yet. Just the zip file. That could be a trouble maker too.

Or does the Renderman plugin have a setting that needs to be adjusted? Maybe it searches for Blender where it should search for Bforartists?

My current problem in general is that i haven’t managed to get the Renderman addon to work at all with Blender yet. I once tried, and couldn’t register to the Renderman page. Which made it impossible for me to download and install all needed files. And prevents me from even starting with the investigation.

As suggested, you could write the addon developer if he is willing to give a few hints here. Maybe he is even willing to fix the issue.

#16687 Likes: 0
                            NigeC
                            Participant

Both Blender and Bforartists are from zip files, both are installed on C:.. ie C:blender or C:Bforartists then the exe, I never use the installer

As far as I recall there is no addition setting up for Renderman which installs in C:Program FilesPixar..

The Pixar site is horrible, I’m registered there and getting the last update was a challenge!

#16688 Likes: 0
                              Reiner
                              Participant

Indeed ^^

Thanks for the additional informations. So it can just be a name thing somewhere. But i am still lost where to start. As told, i can’t even register at the page to download the renderer.

For now i have to stop here. But the task stays open. Maybe i get the right idea in a few days. Maybe i even manage to download the renderer meanwhile …

#16689 Likes: 0
                                NigeC
                                Participant

There’s no rush, I mainly use Thea which works fine apart from it removing the engine choice menu but I think the developer is looking at that

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.