Unleash the power of 3D
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

Here is another change that I did to the default keymap, that significantly speeds up things for me. – It might be something interesting to change in the default keymap as well?

I usually use the 3d manipulator gumballs to move, rotate and scale objects. Switching quickly between them is quite important for that reason. So I changed the default move, rotate, scale shortcuts, W,E,R to switch between the different manipulators and use Shift-W,E,R as a replacement of the original shortcuts. At least for me this is a major workflow improvement. I believe the 3d manipulators are also a better tool for beginners to use and represent the visual approach to the UI, that BfA takes, much better. The default WER functions are quite abstract in a way, since there is no screen representation of what they do, while with the manipulators, what you see is what you get.

Any thoughts about this?

#19221 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

My thought: put it into the tracker :)

#19227 Likes: 0
    Draise
    Participant
    • Posts 1,211

Can’t you place two functions to the same shortcut? What is the operator to switch the manipulator widget? I could give it a try. I don’t remeberany hotkeys to manipulator toggles. 

:dance:

#19229 Likes: 0
    davis
    Participant
    • Posts 295

I put a screenshot into the tracker for the operator function >>>

I am curious to hear your thoughts about that change.

Edit: Here is the Screenshot.

#19233 Likes: 0
    Reiner
    Participant
    • Posts 4,699

I am out of this discussion at the moment. First we need the working Full keymap :)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.