Unleash the power of 3D
#23171 Likes: 0
BFA-Reiner
Keymaster

Hey eric,

For me it’s the other way around. Why shouldn’t i use the better solution as long as it is available? Enjoy the ride as long as possible 🙂

For your biggest fear, i can assure you that i don’t have any plans to stop the fork any soon. I work since 2015 at this project now. It is no mayfly and still fun. And there is already somebody in the team who wants to continue the project in case i step back. So there is no need to worry about the future of Bforartists 🙂

You can also simply use both asides and try out what fits your needs best. The blend files are 100% compatible. You don’t loose anything. I personally jump forward and backward between Blender and Bforartists without bigger problems. Blender is just very uncomfortable and slow to use for me here and there. It’s like always scratching my left ear with my right hand.

In the end a mesh is a mesh. And the toolset is equal, even most workflows are. We don’t reinvent the wheel, we “just” heavily improve what is available. This means that the very most knowledge is transferable between Blender and Bforartists. So whatever you choose, i am happy with either decision. The fun at 3D should union us. And not divide us into users of this or that software 🙂

Kind regards

Reiner

This is my signature. You can change your signature in the profile