Unleash the power of 3D
#20349 Likes: 0
p4prik4
Participant
  • Posts 4

This isn’t so much about whether or not you can alreadt add or if there is a place for this already. this is about emphasizing something that newbies used to certain way of things being done, to notice that blender does it in a qwirky way.  

I’m not saying people that do get confused wont eventually get around to learning how to create from object and edit work with the outline panel. that is if they are somewhate determined to learn blender. 

this post show another person who experienced this issue:

https://devtalk.blender.org/t/as-a-begginer-why-do-i-need-to-research-on-google-how-to-do-a-simple-duplicate-object-in-blender/4408

I wil lsay this. that something is absolutely missing in clarity that is for certain.  how to remedy i’m not sure. surely a guide that emphasizes certain things might help. below i’ve attached pictures that talk about trying to put more focus on the Object/edit… navigator bar. 

workspaces for example have as much if not more priority than object vs edit mode and you don’t know they are workspaces unless you click the plus sign. 

I would also be curious how many newbies even bother with the many workspaces when they mostly just want to focus on one area and have their hands full with that one as it is. 

This isn’t so much about whether or not you can alreadt add or if there is a place for this already. this is about emphasizing something that newbies used to certain way of things being done, to notice that blender does it in a qwirky way.  

I’m not saying people that do get confused wont eventually get around to learning how to create from object and edit work with the outline panel. that is if they are somewhate determined to learn blender. 

this post show another person who experienced this issue:

https://devtalk.blender.org/t/as-a-begginer-why-do-i-need-to-research-on-google-how-to-do-a-simple-duplicate-object-in-blender/4408

I wil lsay this. that something is absolutely missing in clarity that is for certain.  how to remedy i’m not sure. surely a guide that emphasizes certain things might help. below i’ve attached pictures that talk about trying to put more focus on the Object/edit… navigator bar. 

workspaces for example have as much if not more priority than object vs edit mode and you don’t know they are workspaces unless you click the plus sign. 

I would also be curious how many newbies even bother with the many workspaces when they mostly just want to focus on one area and have their hands full with that one as it is. 

though with instant hover reveal I think hovering over a workspaces menu dropdown would be more clear. 

I realize I spend very little time other than to click on addons and keymaps (it being a hotkey heavy software) but eventually i’ll have configured everything just right and hardly need to access the top-most nav. 

even to save I don’t need to access the file drop down, I have it with Machin3tools pie menu.

I realize I spend very little time other than to click on addons and keymaps (it being a hotkey heavy software) but eventually i’ll have configured everything just right and hardly need to access the top-most nav. 

even to save I don’t need to access the file drop down, I have it with Machin3tools pie menu.

below is a picture of how you can easily access and hide the panel storing all important things like bookmarks history etc in vivaldi browser. when you hover over it  a tool tip says show panel. but maybe have it even reveal on hover could do the trick. 

it would also add screen realestate for 3d viewport. 

I would rather a prompt that tells me everytime I launch blender and shows a gif image of how this panel works. a prompt i have to click checkbox to prevent me from seeing again. 

and maybe a permanent link on the splash screen titled:   Having difficulty finding the Main Menu Top Bar?

this could be placed above the Released Notes link