Unleash the power of 3D
#19767 Likes: 0
MoxFulder
Keymaster

It is not designed for Mandrake/Mandriva forks such as PCLinuxOS (or Mageia, OpenMandriva, Rosa, etc), so it plain does not work.

Funnily enough, it also got DOS (CR/LF) line endings, so it cannot be run “as is” under Linux (bash hates CRs) and needs to be first converted into LF-line-ending file… Did someone (rather overzealous) convert that file to a DOS file ? Biggrin

Interesting, my system does not complain about CR/LF endings. 

The only proper way to add the missing features is to create packages for the missing libraries (like I did for Alembic) or to compile and use static versions of the libraries during the bforartists package building (like I do for OpenCOLLADA, because PCLinuxOS does not provide a *static* library for it, which blender needs).

Oh yeah, I know that problems. Maybe one can introduce submodules again, containing all needed third party libraries in an extra directory. I know, will need lots of memory and time for compilation, but that could be made as an extra toolchain file for cmake for static compilation,packaging and deployment. I could take a look into that in the next days.